Backend developer at a US-based Gaming Platform Startup
40 hours a week
The project is with a US-based startup building a smart gaming platform that ensures responsible and fair use by and for the most important people on the platform – the players. They are looking for a backend Java developer primarily based out of Europe to work on the server-side for their desktop application in gaming.
About the client
The client is based out of the US, creating the Next Generation of Intelligent Gaming Technology and building the safest and smartest gaming platform. By applying emerging technologies into the online gaming sphere in ways that have never been tried before, they plan to revolutionize the way people play.
1. You would work closely with their team on the server-side for their desktop gaming application.
2. You would be primarily working in Java, Spring and PostgreSQL.<br><br>
3. You would apply development principles and best practices to build a scalable platform. <br>
4. You would collaborate closely with their engineering teams to ensure consistency in understanding technical requirements and overall work quality.
5. You would eventually be involved in the performance improvement work as well.
A discussion with their tech POC.
1. Familiarity with technologies like Kafka, gRPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus/ Grafana, PostgreSQL would be considered a plus.